VI.BE vzw attributes a lot of importance to the protection of your personal information. In this privacy statement we aim to provide you with clear and transparent information on which of your personal data we collect, and how we store it. We do our utmost to guarantee your privacy. VI.BE vzw complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This means that we:
- Process personal information in accordance with the goal to which it has been provided. These goals and the types of data we collect are described in this privacy statement.
- Only store the data that are absolutely necessary to fulfill the purpose to which they have been collected.
- Ask for your explicit permission for the processing of your personal data, when applicable.
- Have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your data.
- Do not provide or transmit personal data to third parties, unless necessary for the purpose to which they have been collected.
- Are aware of the applicable rules and regulations concerning the processing of personal information. And we want to respect your privacy.
VI.BE vzw is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Should you have any questions, please contact us via the contact information provided below:
+32 2 504 99 00
To whom is this privacy statement addressed?
This privacy statement is applicable to all our past, current and future contacts, participants of activities we organised, or persons that at some point have shown interest in our activities, services or products, customers and potential partners, service providers, interns, volunteers, etc.
Why we process your personal information
VI.BE vzw processes your personal data with the purpose of:
- Allowing you to participate in activities that we organise or to make use of services we provide.
- Keeping you informed about our past, present and future operations, specifically by sending you newsletters and invitations.
- Keeping you informed on updates regarding activities you have subscribed to, or similar activities.
- Reporting to government agencies (to which we are bound by contract agreements).
- Other specific future purposes for which we can separately ask explicit permission.
For the above purposes, we can ask for, collect, save and process a.o. the following information:
- Personal identification: name, surname, address, phone number, email address, links to online profiles (social networks) and/or website.
- Personal characteristics: date of birth, place of birth, nationality, gender, national registration number.
- Educational information.
- Financial information (a.o. bank account number).
- Photos, videos and other footage.
This information is provided by you to VI.BE vzw by means of subscription forms, contact forms on our website, personal contact, email, phone or other means of communication. In case you provide us with third party information, you declare that you have the explicit permission to do so.
We will only use the information provided by you for the purposes to which we received it.
Transmission of information to third parties - processors
VI.BE vzw can transmit the data you provided to third parties only if this is necessary for the realisation of the above mentioned purposes. This means that we can use external service providers for:
Subscription forms (Typeform, Google Forms, …)
Data management (Google Drive)
Newsletters and invitations (Campaign Monitor)
Insurance of participants and volunteers (KBC insurances)
Maintaining our online environment (web hosting)
Maintaining our IT infrastructure (IT networks, servers, …)
Social Secretariat (SDWorx)
With these third parties, we make the necessary agreements to secure the protection of your personal data. We never transmit personal information to other processors with whom we did not make a processing agreement, or who do not operate in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
pass on data to third parties - recipients
We may share personal data with external parties - recipients if necessary for the performance of the purposes described above. For example, we share data with partners with whom we organize activities in collaboration (including, but not limited to, organizers of opportunities on the vi.be platform or structural partners of VI.BE vzw for which we organize specific activities), subsidizing authorities / government services, external trainers and media.
Naturally, we make the necessary arrangements with these parties to guarantee the security of your personal data and that your data will be treated confidentially.
At no time do we sell or rent your personal data to third parties. We also never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
We can share personal data with other third parties if you give us permission to do so. You always have the right to withdraw this consent.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide to other third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. An example of this is that the police request (personal) data from us in the context of an investigation. In such a case, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information.
We do not provide personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area.
VI.BE vzw does not store personal data longer than is necessary for the purposes described above, with due observance of the period necessary to comply with legal requirements (including in the field of accounting). Retention periods can, however, differ per purpose.
VI.BE undertakes in any case not to keep your data longer than 5 years after our last contact.
security of data
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, loss or disclosure. For example, we have taken the following measures:
- All persons who can consult your data on behalf of VI.BE vzw are bound by confidentiality.
- The files in which your data are stored are protected with a password.
- We anonymize or pseudonymise your personal data if there is reason to do so.
- We make backups of the files in which your personal data is stored, so that we can restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data. They follow a number of clear guidelines for this and are regularly trained and made aware of their responsibility.
- These employees are granted access to your data to the extent that they need that information to perform their duties properly.
- For new projects that may have an impact on your privacy, an extensive analysis is done to guarantee your rights, the safety and protection of your personal data.
- Should an incident nevertheless occur in which your data is involved, you will be personally notified in the circumstances provided for by law.
your rights in relation to your data
You have the right to inspect and copy the personal data relating to you. You have the right to correction and addition if your data is incorrect or incomplete. You have the right to delete the personal data that we have received from you, which is no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was processed. We reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
You have the right to limit data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you can ask to stop this processing.
You can also object to the way in which certain of your personal data are processed. You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-mails).
You also have the right to have the information provided by you transferred by us to yourself or on your behalf directly to another party.
Based on your click behavior in our digital mailings, we can send you targeted mailings.
At the top of this privacy statement is how you can contact us to exercise your rights. We may ask you to identify yourself before we can respond to these requests. To check your identity, we ask you to send a copy of your identity card. We strongly advise you to make your passport photo invisible and to mention that it is a copy.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection:
Data protection authority (GBA)
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
change of privacy statement
VI.BE vzw can change its privacy statement. We will announce this change on our website. The last change happened on January 23, 2020. Older versions of our privacy statement are stored in our archive. Send us an e-mail if you want to consult it.